At Amar Kothi, its affiliates and subsidiaries (hereinafter collectively referred to as Amar Kothi”, “we” or “us” or “our”), we endeavor to provide our guests outstanding services and experiences in our hotels and luxury residences around the world. We value your business and your faith in us in delivering you a superior level of service.
It also describes the purposes for which we collect that personal information, the other parties with whom we may share it and the measures we take to protect the security of your data. It also tells you about your rights and choices with respect to your personal information, and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
You are advised to carefully read this Privacy Notice before using or availing any of our products and/or services.
In this Privacy Notice, the following definitions are used:
Data - personal information, including sensitive personal information and special category personal data (as defined under Data Protection Laws) about you, which we collect, receive or otherwise process in connection with your use of our stores, website and/or mobile application.
Cookies - a small file placed on your device by our website or mobile application when you either visit or use certain features of our website or mobile application. A cookie generally allows a website or mobile application to remember your actions or preference for a certain period of time.
Data Protection Laws - any applicable law for the time being in force relating to the processing of Data.
Partners - select third parties (including Tata Group Entities) with whom we have contracts for the businesses described in this Privacy Notice.
Service Providers -includes entities which provide services to Amar Kothi and to whom we may disclose your Data for a specific purpose pursuant to a written contract.
Amar Kothi - a company incorporated in India whose registered office is at 5-C, Trident-Udaivilas Road, Haridasji Ki Magri, Malla Talai, Udaipur, Rajasthan – 313001
Tata Group Entity - Tata Sons Private Limited, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, associate companies and joint venture companies.
User or you- the natural person who accesses our services , websites or mobile application.
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Amar Kothi collects Data for various purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
This Data includes, without limitation, the following categories:
(a) Contact information: first and last name, email address, postal address, country, phone number and other similar contact data.
(b) Financial information: payment instrument information, transactions, transaction history, preferences, method, mode and manner of payment, spending pattern or trends, and other similar data.
(c) Technical information: website, device and mobile app usage, Internet Protocol (IP) address and similar information collected via automated means, such as cookies, pixels and similar technologies. This may include the information mandated by the law enforcement agencies.Product and service information: Your account membership number, registration information, and program-specific information, when you request products and/or services directly from us or participate in marketing programs.
(d) Your reviews, feedback and opinions about our products, programmes and services.
(e) Loyalty programme information: your loyalty membership information, account details, profile or password details and any frequent flyer or travel partner programme affiliation.
(f) Transaction information: date of the transaction, transaction amount, transaction history and related details;
(g) Other information (which may include special category personal data): Age, sex, date of birth, marital status, nationality, details of government identification documents provided, occupation, ethnicity, religion, travel history or any other personal information provided in responses to surveys or questionnaires.
3. HOW WE COLLECT DATA
We collect Data in the following ways:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or mobile application or give us in any other way (e.g., at our outlets, stores, hotels, kiosks). Please see the section below, titled “Data Shared by You” for more information.
- Automatic Information We Collect: We use “cookies”, pixels and similar technologies to receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Please see the section below, titled “Data That is Collected Automatically” for more information.
- E-mail Communications: We often receive a confirmation (if your device supports such capabilities) when you open e-mail from us or click on a link in the e-mail. You can choose not to receive marketing emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any marketing email.
- Automatic Information We Collect from Other Websites: We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with third-party websites that use our technology or with whom we have a specific agreement.
- Information from Other Sources: We may obtain information from other sources. An example of this is when you authorize a third-party website (such as the website of another Tata Group Entity) to interact directly with our website or mobile application to provide or receive information about you. In that case, we may receive information to identify your account with that website.
- Information Previously Provided to Tata Group Entities: Where you have shared any information previously with any of the Tata Group Entities and such Tata Group Entity is permitted to further share such information, it will share such information with us. If such information is sensitive personal information or special category personal data, the Tata Group Entity will only share such information with us with your consent.
You can make choices about our collection and use of your Data. For example, you may want to access, edit or remove your Data on our website or mobile application. When you are asked to provide Data, you may decline. For more information, please see the section below, titled “Your Rights and Choices”.
4. DATA SHARED BY YOU
Amar Kothi may collect your Data in several ways from your use of our stores, website or mobile application. For instance:
(a) when you register with us to receive our products and/or services;
(b) when you conduct a transaction with us or attempt a transaction at our stores, on our website or mobile application;
(c) when you complete surveys conducted by or for us;
(d) when you elect to receive any communications (including promotional offers) from us;
(e) from the information gathered by your visit to our stores, website or mobile application;
5. DATA THAT IS COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
(a) We automatically collect some information when you visit our website or use our mobile application. This information helps us to make improvements to our content and navigation. The information collected automatically includes your IP address.
(b) Our web servers or affiliates who provide analytics and performance enhancement services collect IP addresses, operating system details, browsing details, device details and language settings. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed and similar information. Amar Kothi uses this information to measure the site usage, improve content and to ensure safety and security, as well enhance performance of our website or mobile application.
(c) We may collect your Data automatically via Cookies, pixels and similar technologies in line with settings on your browser. For more information about Cookies, please see the section below, titled “Cookies, Pixels and Similar Technologies”.
6. OUR USE OF DATA
Data collected by us may be used by us for the following reasons:
(a) carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us;
(b) provide products and/or services and communicate with you about products and/or services offered by us;
(c) enable Tata Group Entities and Partners to offer their products and/or services and communicate with you about such products and/or services;
(d) process, disclose, transmit, and/or share the Data with Tata Group Entities, and other third parties which have business or contractual dealings with us;
(e) provide you with offers (including for financial products and/or services), personalized services and recommendations and improve your experience on our website and mobile application;
(f) operate, evaluate and improve our business, website and mobile application;
(g) generate aggregated data to prepare insights to enable us to understand customer behavior, patterns and trends with a view to learning more about your preferences or other characteristics;
(h) provide privileges and benefits to you, marketing and promotional campaigns based on your profile;
(i) in connection with loyalty programs owned and operated by us or by other Tata Group Entities;
(j) communicate with you (including to respond to your requests, questions, feedback, claims or
disputes) and to customize and improve our services;
(l) protect against and prevent fraud, illegal activity, harm, financial loss and other legal or information security risks; and
(m) serve other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection, and as otherwise authorized or required by applicable law.
Where required under relevant Data Protection Laws, we may need to ensure that there is a legal basis to justify our processing of your Data. There are a number of different ways that we are lawfully able to process your Data. We have set these out below.
- Where processing your Data is necessary for us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us: If you enter into a contract with us in relation to any of our product or service offerings, we may process certain Data about you in order to perform our obligations under this contract, including to enable us to communicate with you about such products and/or services and to process your payment transactions.
- Where processing your personal information is within our legitimate interests: We can process certain Data where it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of yours which require protection of your Data. The ways in which we may process your Data for the purposes of our legitimate interests include:
- generating aggregated data to prepare insights to enable us to understand customer behaviour, patterns and trends with a view to learning more about your preferences or other characteristics;
- improving our website and mobile application and ensuring that they run smoothly;
- providing you with offers, personalized services and recommendations and improving your experience on our website and mobile application;
- protecting against, and preventing, fraud, illegal activity, harm, financial loss and other legal or information security risks;
- providing offers, privileges and benefits to you, marketing and promotional campaigns based on your profile;
- communicating with you (including responding to your requests, questions, feedback, claims or disputes) and customising and improving our services;
- operating, evaluating and improving our business;
- enabling Tata Group Entities and Partners to offer their products and/or services and to communicate with you about such products and/or services;
- in connection with loyalty programs owned and operated by us or by other Tata Group Entities; and
- processing, disclosing, transmitting, and/or sharing the Data with Tata Group Entities, and other third parties which have business or contractual dealings with us.
- Where you give us your opt-in consent to process your personal information: In certain circumstances, where required under relevant Data Protection Laws, we will seek to obtain your consent before we undertake certain processing activities with your Data.You have the right to withdraw your consent to these activities. You can do so at any time, and details of how to do so can be found in the section below, titled "Your Rights and Choices".
- Where processing your personal information is necessary for our compliance with a legal obligation: In certain circumstances, we may disclose your Data for the purposes of compliance with a legal obligation (for example, to comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal request). We do not think that any of the above activities prejudice you in any way. However, you do have the right to object to us processing your personal information in certain circumstances. If you would like to know more about these circumstances and how to object to our processing activities, please see the section below, titled "Your Rights and Choices".